The pufferfish is the second most poisonous vertebrate in the world. Some organs of the fish, such as the liver, are extremely toxic, and can be deadly. The poison in the fish, known as tetrodotoxin, can cause numbness, high blood pressure, and muscle paralysis, which is what leads to death as the diaphragm muscles become paralyzed, disabling breathing.
Pufferfish cannot be found in the United States but many in Korea as well as Japan find some parts of the fish to be delicacies (as fugu).
Why am I writing about pufferfish?
Some people in our lives are pufferfish. No matter how we treat them, they will be toxic to us. They will numb us, paralyze us, and can even kill us. We simply lack the patience for processing them or cannot learn the proper technique.
Do not be afraid to let these people go. You may have caught them on accident but rest assured, there is someone in the world who will be happy to consume them - they will even consider that person to be a "delicacy", the "one", the "best". You do not have to keep struggling.
We do not all have the time to specially process the pufferfish. Let someone else exhaust themselves through the careful processing of the pufferfish and present them as the perfect delicacy.
No needs to point out how close to toxicity those are who deal with the pufferfish are on a daily basis. Everyone knows it. Even in its beautiful state below, the puffer fish is in the shape of a Chrysanthemum, otherwise known in Japanese culture as the symbol of death.
Ms. Bhakti Mary
I am an optimistic, positive, generous and driven author who is passionate about self-improvement.
The essence of who you are does not lie in the past. What matters is what you are willing to do NOW. You are the presence.